and Business Advisors
Cyril Childs Chartered Accountant Limited.
Situated at the base of Cashmere Hill, Christchurch
We have for many years offered an Initial 30 minute consultation free of charge, so don't hesitate to call (03) 337 0076.
We have a small dedicated team of accountants who have many years of combined experience in a wide variety of commercial enterprises. We are situated on Cashmere Road, in the suburb of Cashmere and are very accessible with ample free parking.
We like to keep things simple and straight forward. Whether you're an individual, a trust, a small or a large company, we pride ourselves on speaking your language when it comes to explaining financial matters and tax compliance. Our view is that keeping it simple allows clients to perform as much or as little of the accounting work as they wish. We can tailor an accounting routine for you or your business, around your staff, with our team supplementing you to the level you desire.
With the variety of software solutions we have available, clients' efforts can be targeted to efficiently produce quality information. This allows you, the client, to keep up to date with your financial situation and us to guide and support your business as it grows.
Compliance work (the preparation of tax returns and the like) is a significant part of what we do, but it is the forward looking work of advice, guidance and regular support that adds value to clients and allows us to be proactive. Good accounting routines of monthly reporting with budgets and cash flows are the tools to grow your business and as an aside provide the information to efficiently complete the Inland Revenue's requirements (GST & Income Tax). This is what we specalise in.
We are members of the following:
Our aim is to establish one-to-one relationships with all clients and from those relationships provide timely and value adding services.
Below we have listed the services that we offer. This list is by no means exhaustive and we can tailor a service to your requests.
Business Development Advice
Grow your business with our experienced business advice, whether you’re starting a business or you’re an established company. We take the time to get to know your business and address your issues, from developing business plans and budgets to chairing your meetings.
- Timely business adviceWe draw on our experience working with a range of businesses to provide business advice when you need it, whether it’s on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Business start-upsIf you have an idea for a new investments or business venture, we can help with planning, IRD registrations and accounting systems.
- Business plansWe work with new and existing businesses to develop strategic business plans for a variety of outcomes ranging from growth to succession.
- Business structureWe will work with you to review your current business structure to plan for the future.
- Business appraisalsIf you are buying or selling a business, we provide rigorous business appraisals.
- Cash flows and budgetingWe provide monthly cash flows and budgets to assist you in effectively managing your business.
- Financial reportingWe help you to set up simple and effective systems to produce timely financial reports.
- Raising FinanceWe have the experience to assist you in the preparation of loan applications to banks and other lenders. Our early involvement achieves best results.
- Compliance WorkWhether you’re a small business, a large company or an individual, we can assist you to fulfill your tax obligations and make the process as simple as possible. As well as preparing financial accounts, GST and annual company returns, we’ll work with you to plan your future tax liabilities.
- Preparation of financial accountsWe specialise in working with small to medium sized businesses and assist a variety of businesses from rental property owners, medical professionals to specialist transport contractors.
- Tax advice and helpWe provide tax advice to individuals and businesses, prepare returns, assist with tax planning and liase with the IRD on your behalf.
- Fringe Benefit Tax(FBT)We will complete the returns, where necessary.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)We advise businesses about whether to become registered and when to deregister. We also complete GST returns and can assist you if you want to complete your own GST return.
- Annual Company ReturnsWe prepare company returns and help you to maintain and store these important statutory records.
- Annual Statistical ReturnsAs we have prepared your accounts for you, we are in the best position to complete these as well.
- Trust AdministrationThe administration of a trust is different to other entities and we can help you to prepare and maintain the appropriate records.
2018 Client Information Questionaires
Office Location (map below)
81 Cashmere Road
(above Zeroes Coffee)
Christchurch, New Zealand
81 Cashmere Road
Phone: (03) 337 0076